Thursday, April 8, 2010

M-E-T-S METS METS METS

This time tomorrow evening, I'll be with 100 of my closest friends and my friend and blog follower Claudia, attending our second annual first Friday night game with the Gary, Keith, and Ron (GKR) people in the Empire Suites at Citifield. So what if they're playing the Nationals. We get to hobnob with Ron Darling, Kevin Burkart, Gary Cohen, and possibly, Keith Hernandez, although he didn't come into the suites last year. I have my copy of Ronnie's book ready for him to autograph, my camera, my tasteful Mets gear; I'm ready. I may even get my hair done. The big Pelf is pitching -- he always seem to be pitching when I go to Citifield.
       Who says life is unpredictable and constantly changing? For six months of the year, for as long as I can remember, I have followed the Mets.  On WOR and SNY, 1050 and the FAN, with Kiner, Murphy, and Nelson, and Gary, Keith and Ron, I have Caught the Rising Stars as the Magic Was or Was Not Back. Maybe that's why I have lots of patience, I'm not easily disappointed, and I don't generally believe in comebacks. Let's Go Mets.

2 comments:

  1. Another great night at the GKR party. Too bad we couldn't get our hands on any keychains. This is truly the ONLY way to watch a game in style. Wish there more GKR parties!!! Thanks for a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good time. I like your reminiscing on a bit of Mets history.

    If you ever get a chance, please check out my first post. It's on saying good-bye to Shea Stadium.

    ReplyDelete