Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer 2010... Books

 Two books I just finished and definitely recommend:
1. Pillars of the Earth... yes, it was written over 20 years ago by Ken Follett, but I'm so glad I got around to it on the Nook.  Now I get to watch an 8-part mini series on STARZ, which I don't have and do not plan on subscribing to. I'll figure something out. Oh, yes, the book has a gazillion pages.

2. Tinkers ... well written, interesting first novel about a man experiencing his final days... meticulous detail,  stream of consciousness type of narrative, but not quite --  like "The Jilting of Granny Wetherell."

On tap:
Reliable Wife (on the Nook)
City of Thieves (Nooking it)
Namesake (a reread)
Life of Pi (another reread)
For One More Day (A Mitch Albom book that will take 2 hours, tops)
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Things The Carried 
Ethan Frome (another reread)
and some kiddie lit..
Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Westing Game
Hunger Games

I really should take a crack at completing all the titles on the Bethpage Summer reading list. Check out shelfari.com, a cool place to keep track of, review, and discuss books you're reading now, planning to read, and have already read.

1 comment:

  1. I'll need something for my beach days. Might try 'Tinkers'. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete