Monday, July 12, 2010

My New Bike: Dahon Boardwalk 1

The last time I bought a bike, it was about 3AM, and I woke up on my living room couch to a QVC employee hawking a "gearless" or "shift free" bicycle. Probably 10 years ago or so. I watched as attractive middle aged people cycled away, looking fit and lovely in their outfits, helmets, and their shift free bicycles. So, what's a person to do? Buy the bike, of course. I rode it for about six months before it found its way to the land of Mary's misfit exercise paraphernalia.

This time is different. I swear. I conducted research. I took several test drives. I haggled. And I am now the proud owner of a Dahon folding bike: 20" tires, 1 speed, pedal brakes, and one hand brake. Perfect for cruising around, getting some exercise, and folding up and leaving in my car or toting around with me if needed (bus, train plane). The folding bikes do look a little funny, especially if you have never seen one, but they grow on you.

Boot camp continues to go well, but I need to add a little more aerobic, thus the bike. Let the cycling begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment