Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Calverton Here I Come


For a visit, that is, not my final resting  place; it's too soon and I've never been in the military (except for grammar school) so I don't qualify. I'm leaning towards cremation anyway; it's cheaper, quicker, and rife with fun possibilities for the disposition of the ashes.
So tomorrow, Veterans' Day I am taking my friend's mother to Calverton National Cemetery to visit the graves of her her recently deceased brothers. While there, I will visit my parents' grave. I've been there three times,  two funerals and one visit with my mother to my father's grave site. Now I have this sinking feeling that I'll get there and see that we never got my mother's name put on the tomb stone. Everything is a blur from those days; but jeez, I hope we at least took care of that important detail.  This time tomorrow I'll blog the answer, maybe even post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment