Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's a Beautiful Season


It's my godchild's 12th birthday, All Saints' Day, and it is a beautiful autumn day in New York. I think of autumn as a kind of dusk, and once again, I find myself looking to be rejuvenated-  a perennial state of mind for me, despite the season. I have been fortunate to learn about Ignatian spirituality and and the CSJ charism, both of which I call upon to inform my daily interactions and my own spirituality-- with varying degrees of consistency. These are gifts to be continually opened. In Jesuit boys' schools and CSJ girls' schools, the students are called upon to be "men for others" and women of "all inclusive love," both in many ways from the same Catholic  tradition. Something wonderful to consider on this feast of All Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment