Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lunges, Planks, Suicides, Crunches

Not words I am used to hearing, never mind movements I am used to making. I've never ever been even remotely limber. When I was in kindergarten, I couldn't even sit like an "Indian," like everyone else. If anything, my attempts at these exercises now at the tender age of 51 are probably very funny to watch. Good thing I can't see myself.

Week One of Boot Camp has been quite an experience. I was smarter this time, however, "easing" into it. My arthritic neck notwithstanding, I have survived and actually enjoy getting up and out so early. Plus, getting to bed early has allowed me to miss a few Mets debacles as well. I was on time every day, didn't whine, and did not have a heart attack, thus meeting my lofty goals for week one.  Next week, I'll increase the number of reps for each activity, while still not overdoing things, and I'll get an appointment with an orthopedist to check out the neck.

And I'll think of something more compelling for the next post: maybe Liam Hannon as the next Thurmon Munson, or thoughts of Brendan Hannon over in Afghanistan, or what I think of The Book Thief or The Help -- God knows there's plenty of material out there beyond my little morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment