Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 15 Down 8: Let the Battle Begin

Day 15 of my alcohol-free zone, that is, and healthier diet. Down 8 pounds is a start, I guess. Thank goodness, Lent is here; it makes the effort communal. The reality is that for my health and well being on many levels, I must say so long to my beloved red wine and hello to eating better (and less) and exercising more. I probably should have said farewell to the Mets fan - owner of Pickwick Liquors and thanked him for selecting nice red wines for me over the years. Or, the sweet deli guy who makes my weekly scrambled egg and turkey platter, all chopped up with a little mustard. No can do now; cholesterol is too high and temptation too great. Now the exercise must kick in. Hhmm. No surprise I used the passive voice in that sentence, how apropos of my still too sedentary self. Probably best to stop here and "weigh in" on this intermittently just to keep myself honest. Too much self absorption no good.

3 comments:

  1. I should follow the advice also, but I'm not gonna.
    I'll have to face the music next month for my annual physical.
    I think I'll just hope my numbers are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck...I go back in 3 months and if the numbers are down, great; if not, medication. :(

    ReplyDelete